SacIONS, the Sacramento Community Group of the Institute of Noetic Sciences is a non-profit membership organization that is affiliated with and supports the programs of the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) in its vision and mission to explore the frontiers of consciousness. SacIONS presents programs that expand the understanding of human possibility by investigating aspects of mind, consciousness, and spirit.
SacIONS holds meetings that may include well-known national and local speakers from organizations that reflect our vision and mission as well as topics presented by members. The meetings are held locally and often include co-presenting with other non-profit organizations.
SacIONS supports and encourages the creation of study groups by its members. These groups bring diversity of perspective and foster connection through exploration, dialogue, and service. Each group is self-organizing and self-directed. Their endeavors can result in a presentation at one of the general meetings, increasing the knowledge and wisdom of all members.
SacIONS Mission Statement
SacIONS supports our personal and collective quest for healing, wholeness, connection, transformation and community-building and contributes to bringing about a humane, sustainable and peaceful world.
- Explores the frontiers of consciousness
- Builds bridges between science and spirit
- Investigates subtle energies and the powers of healing
- Inquires into the science of love, forgiveness, and gratitude
- Studies the effects of consciousness and compassionate worldviews
- Practices freedom of thought and freedom of spirit
The Institute of Noetic Sciences™, founded in 1973 by Apollo 14 astronaut Edgar Mitchell, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit research, education, and membership organization whose mission is supporting individual and collective transformation through consciousness research, educational outreach, and engaging a global learning community in the realization of our human potential. “Noetic” comes from the Greek word nous, which means “intuitive mind” or “inner knowing.” IONS™ conducts, sponsors, and collaborates on leading-edge research into the potentials and powers of consciousness, exploring phenomena that do not necessarily fit conventional scientific models while maintaining a commitment to scientific rigor.
The Institute’s primary program areas are consciousness and healing, extended human capacities, and emerging worldviews. The specific work of the Institute includes the following:
- Sponsorship of and participation in original research and publication of articles in peer-reviewed journals
- Application of findings into educational products and trainings
- A monthly membership program that includes product and workshop discounts and regular eNews communications about our scientific research and transformative learning programs and center.
- Presentation and cosponsorship of regional and international workshops and conferences
- The hosting of residential seminars and workshops at EarthRise, our on-campus retreat facility, located on 200 acres thirty miles north of San Francisco with facilities for up to 120 people
- Supporting a global network of self-organizing community groups
The Institute of Noetic Sciences serves an emerging movement of globally conscious citizens dedicated to manifesting our highest capacities. We believe that consciousness is essential to a paradigm shift that will lead to a more sustainable world. We encourage open-minded explorations of consciousness through the meeting of science and spirit. We take inspiration from the great discoveries of human history that have been sourced from insight and intuition and that have harnessed reason and logic for their outer expression. It is our conviction that systematic inquiries into consciousness will catalyze positive concrete transformations in the world. In this process, our vision is to help birth a new worldview that recognizes our basic interconnectedness and interdependence and promotes the flourishing of life in all its magnificent forms.